Omicron New coronavirus Variant first confirmed case detected on 24 November in South Africa, On 26 November 2021, WHO designated the variant B.1.1.529 (Omicron) a variant of concern. As the cases increase in every country day by day, doctors are finding new confirmed symptoms in the patients who tested positive of Omicron. Here we discuss the very common, rare, mild symptoms that were recently detected in Omicron patients, and also check the Effectiveness of the Covid-19 delta variant vaccine against this Omicron virus.
Omicron variant Symptoms (Covid-19)
The new contagious virus is now spreading over the world very fast and people have very little time to protect themself from this new unknown variant. Many experts also continuously doing their research about this new covid-19 omicron virus and some research have been released officially by many doctors regarding the new symptoms that they found in patients of Omicron virus:
South Africa, India, USA Many doctors alert about this variant and revealed the symptoms
The most common symtoms are cough, fatigue, congestion and runny nose
Six Most common symptoms of the COVID Omicron virus
- ‘scratchy’ throat
- Mild fever
- Night sweats and body ache
- Dry cough
- loss of taste or smell
Seven Less common symptoms of the COVID Omicron virus
- sore throat
- a rash on the skin
- Discolouration of fingers or toes red or irritated eyes.
What are the symptoms of the Omicron virus that doctors observed?
The symptoms observed in Patients treated by the South African Doctors were mild.
- Some Patients observed over a period of 10 days had unfamiliar symptoms
- Omicron patients have Extreme Tiredness, Scratchy throat, Mild Muscle Ache, Dry Cough
- Very rare patient phase High body temperature
- Fully Vaccinated people also getting this omicron virus
- Mostly 40+ Age group man is effecting with this new variant of corona
Symptoms found in India Omicron patients by the doctors:
- Experiences Sore throat, weakness and Body Ache
- Cases in India and other countries indicate the symptoms are more like the common cold
- All Patients have very mild symptoms because they are fully vaccinated
- Omicron is still at the stage of research so kindly wait for future updates
The covid-19 main variant is delta whose continuously new variants are formed but all the new variant is not as much series like delta but the variant that was originally in South Africa was more transmittable as compared to delta and have 50+ mutants that’s why WHO Declared this virus as a variant of concern and many doctors across the world continuously doing their research and finding the confirmed symptoms and effectiveness of vaccine over omicron virus.
In South Africa from the last few weeks, covid-19 cases increase very rapidly due to the new SARS-CoV-2 variant: B.1.1.529 and now the fourth wave of coronavirus is on the way so people also need to be aware of this new omicron virus and how to protect themself from this variant.
|omicron (b.1.1.529) sars-cov-2
|omicron test kit
|Symptoms, Cause, Treatments, Precaution, Treatment
- Covishield vs Covaxin: Full Comparison, Efficacy Rate
- Verify Covid vaccine certificate at cowin.gov.in
- Zika Virus Symptoms & Causes
- More Health News Today
Omicron b.1.1.529 virus Precautions/ Treatments
Firstly the precautions of this new variant are quite similar to the Delta variant. People need to follow covid-19 guidelines very carefully in public places. Here is the list of precautions and measures that you can take to prevent yourself from this new variant.
Note: Precautions is for both vaccinated and non-vaccinated person as Vaccine decrease the risk of the virus among death but still vaccinated patient can be omicron positive if they do not follow coronavirus guidelines and prevention measures as mentioned below:
- Wear Mask in Crowded places
- Timely sanitize your hands
- Avoid going to crowded spaces
- Vaccinate yourself as quickly as possible
- Always do the covid-19 test before travelling to any other state or country
Covid-19 vaccine effectiveness against omicron variant
As per the latest news, those Who had taken both doses of vaccines of covishield, covaxin, Moderna or any coronavirus vaccine can also test positive for the omicron virus but the symptoms and risk are very low as compared to the patient who is not vaccinated.
Currently, there is no official statement released by the doctors and students regarding the effectiveness of vaccines against the new covid-19 variant.
Final words: Here we mentioned the all confirmed symptoms that omicron patients detect by the doctors and the treatment is similar to another virus. Patients need to keep their quarantined and eat healthy to get rid of any covid-19 variant. Kindly also share your feedback and review what you think about this new covid-19 b.1.1.529 virus.